[ESS] Delay on left-parenthesis

Ken Williams Ken.Williams at windlogics.com
Tue Sep 18 21:51:32 CEST 2012

Both those buffers were *R* buffers.

> Both of the above are the very first invocation after the process started,
> right?

No, actually.  The really slow one was the *R* buffer where I'm seeing the pause each and every time I type 'head('.  The fast one was an *R* buffer that seemed to be acting fine, i.e. not demonstrating the pause.

If I open up a brand new *R* buffer and do M-: (ess-function-arguments "head"), it seems to take around 2 seconds.  The second invocation takes much less than a second.

So maybe ess-function-arguments is a red herring?  Not sure.  Unfortunately I lost the problematic buffer, so I can't investigate that particular case anymore.

 -Ken

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the s...{{dropped:7}}