[ESS] noweb file and assignment key

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 30 09:52:41 CET 2012

    > Hello, After upgrading to emacs 24 (emacs 24.2.1, ess
    > 12.09) I noticed the underscore key is not mapped anymore
    > to the R/S assignment sign when into a Rnw buffer. The
    > underscore key is still correctly giving the assignment
    > sign when into a R buffer. How can I restore the usual
    > underscore behavior in a noweb buffer?  Thanks for your
    > help,

I'm pretty sure this was not a universal problem.
Our group here uses ESS 12.09 (I'm using the development version),
and we use Sweave ( *.Rnw ) very very often.
Nobody has told me about such a problem.

Couldn't it be that it happens exactly in the situation where
The switch from  R mode ("code chunk")  to  latex mode  ("text chunk")
does not quite work... and we know that happens not so
infrequently.  But you can always work around that by "re
syncing" or sometimes easiest by re-opening the *.Rnw file.

Martin