[ESS] ess help bug

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Oct 22 15:43:43 CEST 2012

I have a similar setup, but I can't reproduce...

On 10/22/2012 03:26 AM, 该走了 wrote:
> 1. In iESS shell, when I input ?Ops, the emacs will crash, no response.
> 2. In ESS

I get a Tcl/Tk (I think) dialog box with two options to pick from:
"S4 Group Generic Functions {methods}" and "S3 Group Generic Functions
{base}".

>      library(xts)   # sent to R
>      as.Date       # will pop up the auto complete list
>
> but then the auto complete will crash, with no response,
> this may caused by as.Date is define in two packages: zoo and base

Picking from the list of as.Date does not crash for me.

> emacs version 24.2.1
> ess version 12.09 rev.5167
> R version 2.15.1

I am guessing an emacs bug rather than an ESS bug, but I am running the
same version of emacs and I don't see it.  Sorry

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor