[ESS] Suggestion: ess-eval-chunk-and-step

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 00:28:51 CEST 2012

  >> "Warnes, Gregory" <gregory.warnes at novartis.com>
  >> on Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:31:20 +0000 wrote:

  > Very nice!  I wasn't aware of save-excursion.

That save-excursion is only a workaround for ess-eval-chunk, which as
you also noted was changing buffers. In trunk ess-eval-chunk was fixed,
so no need for save-excursion.

  > BTW, why (funcall 'ess-eval-chunk vis)  instead of (ess-eval-chunk vis) ?

They are equivalent. I just translated your command-execute into funcall
without too much thinking :)

I am also thinking that C-c C-l (or C-c C-b) should actually execute all
chunks in the buffer. And not by tangling, but by literally iterating
over chunks (it makes difference for error references and debugging).

    Vitalie