[ESS] disabling C-c h bound to ess-handy-commands

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:13:19 CEST 2012

  >> Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu>
  >> on Mon, 08 Oct 2012 07:58:28 -0500 wrote:

  > On 10/07/2012 03:32 PM, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
  >> C-c C-r         ess-eval-region
  >> If transient-mark is active. This one is redundant with C-c C-c,
  >> C-M-x, C-RET. Roxygen would be good on it.

  > Hmmm...  I have used C-c C-r quite a lot actually (my fingers do it without me
  > really thinking about it).  I would like to keep it.
  > You say, "If transient-mark is active".  What happens otherwise?
  > I'm grasping at anything that could possibly save this keypress.

No worries, C-c C-r is in the front of list ;)

Here is a constructive proposal:

C-c C-e ess-extra-map (includes roxygen, which already hands on it)
C-c C-d ess-doc-map (ess-dump-object-into-edit-buffer is moved onto C-c C-e C-e)
C-c C-d ess-dev-map (ess-execute-in-tb is moved on C-c C-e C-t)
C-c C-a ess-handy-commands

Remove C-c C-y (C-c C-z does the job and is faster)
Remove C-c C-k (C-c C-s should be enough and is faster)

;; Not very sure about this one:
Remove C-c C-f (C-c C-c and C-M-x do that anyways)

C-c C-f is a very handy key and can be assigned to something very nice
(like tooltips on object structure http://www.sigmafield.org/comment/10
which we are planing to move into ESS soon).

    Vitalie