[ESS] Browser and NL when evaluating code block

Cássio M. M. Pereira cassiomartini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:56:48 CEST 2012

Hi Vitalie,

Pasting the lines has the behavior you described, but in general I
don't do that.

I commonly write scripts to a file and run them with source() when debugging.

If I run R and source("test.R"), execution stops at the browser() line
and b is not assigned.

This seems the most logical and useful behavior if I explicitly set
that NL should be disabled
in browser mode.

Here's what the manual says:

"Setting option ‘"browserNLdisabled"’ to ‘TRUE’ disables the use of
     an empty line as a synonym for ‘c’.  If this is done, the user
     will be re-prompted for input until a valid command or an
     expression is entered."

Is there another way to circumvent this besides adding { } to all my
main scripts?

Thanks,
Cássio

--