[ESS] knitr

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 22:57:56 CEST 2012

> I have just added knitr processor for Rnw files to the trunk. That is,
> there is a customizable ess-swv-processor variable, which, if set to
> 'knitr, makes "M-n s" to knit instead of Sweave, and "M-n T" to purl
> instead of Stangle.
>
> There are also specialized ess-swv-knit and ess-swv-purl bound to "M-n
> r" and "M-n u" exactly as in the above add-on by Simon Potter.

Thanks Vitalie!

Is there a reliable way of discriminating a Sweave file from a knitr
file?  If so, it could be used to set this variable
(ess-swv-processor).  However, I can think of only

\usepackage{Sweave}

and that is not foolproof (e.g. \RequirePackage is similar).

I'm in a transition period -- I have several Sweave files, and think
knitr is more flexible, so currently am writing new docs in knitr.

Stephen