[ESS] Help configuring auto-complete

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:56:42 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I'm a big fan of the auto-complete integration in recent ess releases.
Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

I'm having one small issue I hope some someone can help me with. It
seems that ess now tries to auto-complete argument names. This is
cool, but maybe a little too cool for me. I tend to put each argument
on a new line, like this:

c(x = 1,
  y = 2,
  z = 3)

when I get to

c(x = 1,

with the cursor immediately after the comma, the auto-complete menu
pops up offering to complete "recursive=".

I would really appreciate it if  you can tell me how to disable just
this specific feature. The manual suggests that I should look at the
docstring of ac-use-auto-complete, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
Ista