[ESS] Failing to load r-autoyas

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Mar 26 20:19:52 CEST 2012

Matthew Fidler wrote:
> It seems that yasnippet is not turning on. Can you turn it on in an R buffer?
>
> Matt

Hi Matt:

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me that the yasnippet/r-autoyas type
completion is now deprecated.  In the latest ESS available via SVN and
git, modern GNU Emacs auto-completion is a new feature.  It should work
with current Emacs (and with the pre-releases of Emacs 24, although, the
latter is only tentatively supported until we see the actual release).
You might be better served investigating the new features, but,
admittedly, the mechanisms are all different.

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor