[ESS] Open help in new buffer, but not in a new frame

Ken Williams Ken.Williams at windlogics.com
Fri Mar 9 22:31:00 CET 2012

I think I missed what this new variable controls.  Would setting it to 't' mean that when I'm typing R code, and I hit C-c C-v to get help on a function, it pops me into the help buffer?  I wouldn't like that, because 80% of the time I just want to see the function's signature, and I don't want focus stolen, I want to keep typing.

The main reason I hit C-c C-v in the first place is because simply hitting <tab> shows me the arguments in random order, which is almost useless most of the time.  If it showed them in the same order as the function's signature, that would be great.

 -Ken

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the s...{{dropped:7}}