[ESS] Emacs for former XEmacs users

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jun 12 16:57:01 CEST 2012

On 07/27/2011 07:48 AM, Stephen Eglen wrote:
> hi Rodney,
>
> I found adding tool-bar code a big headache way back in 2003/4, and it
> still looks to be similar code...  I've attached below a snippet from
> the elisp info node in Emacs that might help?  NOt sure if you can do it
> globally though?
>

> See also sec, 22.17.6 Tool bars.
>
> Stephen

Thank you Stephen (it only took me a year to circle back to
this ;o).  However, I can't seem to make this work.  Here's my
take on what the docs say that I should do:

(define-key global-map [tool-bar print-buffer]
	'(menu-item "Print Buffer"
		ps-print-buffer-with-faces
		:image (image :type xpm :file "print.xpm")))

However, that has no effect what-so-ever.  So, here's my workaround...

(defun print-buffer ()
"Hacky way to over-ride default print method"
   (interactive)
   (ps-print-buffer-with-faces))

Rodney