[ESS] knitr

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Thu Jun 7 15:24:56 CEST 2012

Le 07/06/2012 02:56, Vitalie Spinu a écrit :
>    >>  Michael Lawrence<lawrence.michael at gene.com>
>    >>  on Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:27:52 -0700 wrote:
>
>    >  I had an idea that I explained in a separate thread re: evaluating
>    >  individual blocks. Obviously, that is going to depend on the backend
>    >  supporting single block evaluation, but it would be a neat feature to have.
>
> Besides evaluating chunks. Would be also good to have a partial
> evaluation/knitting of the file.  I often want to preview one beamer
> frame or a section without the weaving/knitting the whole file.

I also would like very much a partial evaluation. I'm not using knitr yet
(lack of time, unfortunately), but this should be the same for Sweave if
it's going to be backend independent. I often find myself willing to Sweave
(and then compile) the document to a given point (usually when revising a
Sweave document), and skip the rest of the content of the document (that
is, at the exception of ending macros such as biblio, some R statements,
and \end{document}). Ideally, what would be great to me would be a string
of character to start and stop excluding any content (including LaTeX and
R, i.e. more general that 'eval=FALSE, echo=FALSE' in every chunk) to
Sweave/knittr.

Mathieu.

> I guess this is an ESS task and not knitr's.
>
> Vitalie.

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.