[ESS] Automatic insertion of space after comma in iESS mode

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:56:14 CET 2012

Well,

Let me assure everyone that I had not intended to leave it as a
default. It's just one of those things which I left for latter day
because of more stringent priorities withing ESS. And also where there
not many users of recent SVN, but this one seems to change ... so I
will think twice before committing something partially finished in the
future.

Of course smart operators will be customisable and won't be there by default.

>> I am less clear about the IDO menu in inferior mode.  My sense (not yet
>> having tried it), is that is would interfere
>> with my thought pattern.  We had some simliar pop-up hint option and it
>> drive me nuts until I turned it off.

No it does not, you should really try it. It is executed only when ","
follows the prompt. Note that  in R syntax this is meaningless, thus
no confusion or any inconvenience should appear.

Vitalie.