[ESS] regression wtr org-mode

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Sat Jan 21 12:11:54 CET 2012

Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> writes:

>> I cannot reproduce with my 1 month  old org-mode either.
>> There have been quite some evaluation changes in ESS after r4587 and you
>> are probably right that it's related.
>
> Cannot reproduce with the latest org-mode. As long as you can send
> lines (C-c C-n) from R buffer, org mode should work.
>
> Vitalie.
>

>> Can you please try with emacs -q.
>>
>> Do you use old ess-tracebug? If so you should switch to the one in ESS SVN.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Vitalie.

Hi all,

this behaviour was indeed due to my local setup.  Should have checked with -q before
posting.  Sorry for the noise.

Just for the record.  The guilty part in my setup was this snippet.  I
have not tested if it is needed any more, but disabling this make org
work again.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; make ess add a newline after the evaluation when visibly is set to nil
(defun inferior-ess-output-filter (proc string)
  (let ((pbuf (process-buffer proc))
        (pmark (process-mark proc))
        (prompt-regexp "^>\\( [>+]\\)*\\( \\)$")
        (prompt-replace-regexp "^>\\( [>+]\\)*\\( \\)[^>+\n]"))
    (setq string (replace-regexp-in-string prompt-replace-regexp " \n" string nil nil 2))
    (with-current-buffer pbuf
      (goto-char pmark)
      (beginning-of-line)
      (when (looking-at prompt-regexp)
        (goto-char pmark)
        (insert "\n")
        (set-marker pmark (point)))
      ))
  (comint-output-filter proc (inferior-ess-strip-ctrl-g string)))
#+end_src

Best,
Andreas