[ESS] ESS-help Digest, Vol 107, Issue 12

Keith Ponting k.ponting at aurix.com
Wed Jan 18 11:25:04 CET 2012

Some absolutely crude lisp I have used for some time (on Windows Vista,
Vincent Goulet's bundled Emacs, but will probably work elsewhere) - the
following will insert \code{} \link{} or \var{} and leave point between
the {}. It would be better to make these dependent on being in ess-mode,
but this worked for me and I have not yet had reason to fix it:

(fset 'inscode
   [?\\ ?c ?o ?d ?e ?\{ ?\} left])
(global-set-key (kbd "<f2> c") 'inscode)
(fset 'inslink
(global-set-key (kbd "<f2> l") 'inslink)
(fset 'insvar
(global-set-key (kbd "<f2> v") 'insvar)

HTH

Keith