[ESS] ess-eval-paragraph-and-step behavior changed

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:49:35 CET 2012

On 13 January 2012 01:30, Lucia Lam <lucialclam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm currently using Vincent Goulet's emacs distribution 23.3 modified 1
> (Emacs 23.3 with ESS version 5.13) on a Windows 7 64bit computer running  R
> 2.14 (64bit). I noticed that when I enter R codes using
> ess-eval-paragraph-and-step (c-c c-p), the input code is no longer printed
> in my R buffer, where as it used to print, just like the
> ess-eval-line-and-step (c-c c-n) function. Any suggestions as to why this
> was changed and how I can revert it back?
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Lucia

Hi,

As far as I can see nothing changed recently in that function. You
probably changed the value of 'ess-eval-visibly-p' from t (the
default) to nil. Practically speaking, invisible evaluation is more
reliable and much faster for large blocks of code, so may be you
should consider giving it a try the way it works now.

HTH,
Vitalie.