[ESS] typo in documentation: essa-r?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 00:05:42 CET 2012

Dear Stephen and Martin,

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:41:16 +0100,Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 15:50, Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> "ESS[R]: After (require 'essa-r), M-x ess-r-var allows to load (...)" but
> >> I think it should be "ess-r-a", not "essa-r".
> >
> > Thanks Ramon; I think this is historical; at the time the note was
> > written, the file was called essa-r.el; but last year many files got
> > renamed for consistency, and this was one of the files.

> exactly.
> >
> > We could probably do a better job of our history, but I'd rather not
> > edit these old notes.

> I agree.  The notes were correct when they were current....
> and you can always get such an antique version of ESS if history is interesting.

OK, got it. But maybe the current location of, for instance, "ess-r-var"
can be given somewhere in the manual? I guess "ess-r-var" can be of
intrinsic interest, not just historic interest (I find what it does rather
neat).  (I understand this is a minor point; what happened to me was that
I found the description of what "ess-r-var", and then I tried to use it
via essa-r).

Best,

R.

> Martin