[ESS] Bugs (?) is ESS 12.09 (under Windows)

Josh O'Brien joshmobrien at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 06:10:28 CET 2012

I am also a Windows user (Vincent Goulet's distribution of Emacs 23.3 + ESS
12.09) ...

Vitalie Spinu-2 wrote
>   > 2. Also, typing
>
>   >    ls (
>
>   >    followed by Enter (that is, leaving a command uncompleted), and
> then
>   >    pressing M-p when the "+" prompt is shown hangs Emacs.
>
> Nobody reported this one before. I cannot reproduce it on linux. What is
> M-p bound to in your case?

... and I experience this as well when I type Ctrl-<up-arrow>, which in
other circumstances scrolls me line-by-line back through the command-line
history. Emacs hangs whenever I try this from a continuation prompt. I am
able to "unhang" Emacs by typing "C-c C-c C-g C-g" or "C-g C-g C-c C-c" (but
not just "C-c C-c" or "C-g C-g" alone). FWIW, this will also unhang Emacs in
the Jarmo's situation 1.

Thanks for all of your work on ESS,

Josh