[ESS] A RefTeX question with Sweave multi-file (variable reftex-file-extensions)

Laurent ESS laurentESS at free.fr
Sat Dec 15 10:24:56 CET 2012

Le 15/12/2012 00:08, Vitalie Spinu a écrit :
> All right ... sort of started working for me. I can see the content from
> a slave .tex file. Thanks.
>
>    >> Laurent ESS <laurentESS at free.fr>
>    >> on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 23:22:08 +0100 wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>    > All work fine when I am in the master file but when I am :
>
>    > 1. in a .rnw file, C-c = shows only the sections of the .rnw file :
>
>    >  File testrnw.rnw starts here
>    >      1 section 1 testrnw.rnw file
>    >  File testrnw.rnw ends here
>
>    > The end of my testrnw.rnw file :
>
>    > %%% Local Variables:
>    > %%% TeX-master: "masterfile.rnw"
>    > %%% End:
>

> Just a wild guess. May be reftex explicitly looks for .tex files. Have
> you tried
>
>    %%% TeX-master: "masterfile"
>
> i.e. without the .rnw extension?
>
>      Vitalie

You are right, I understand my error : after Sweaving the masterfile.rnw
there is only one masterfile.tex including the testrnw.rnw ! There is no
testrnw.tex ! And that helps me to understand why there is no longer the
sentences "File testrnw.rnw starts here" and  "File testrnw.rnw ends here".

So, my conclusion is that we don't use C-c =  with .rnw multifile
because it is not possible to return to the original .rnw file from the TOC.

Thanks
Laurent