[ESS] Fwd: Re: [R] .Rd vs. .R, was: matrix multiplication

Christian Hoffmann c-w.hoffmann at sunrise.ch
Thu Dec 6 14:29:02 CET 2012

Hi list,
  I am new here, and I have the following questions:

(1)> I am interested in commissioning lines, functions, regions for
execution from .Rd using ^C-^F, ^C-^R, ^C-^J,  as one can do from .R
files. In that way I would be able to check my \examples in .Rd
directly. Where can this be switched on?

(2)  I find it cumbersomesome that  I have to use \%*\% in .Rd files vs.
%*% in  .R files. R CMD check will refuse %*% in .Rd files, because it
thinks there is a comment. I would like to have  %*% in \examples of an
.Rd files to be able to execute expressions with matrix  multiplication
from .Rd files directly, but ESS (version 5.13) would  refuse to execute
this execution, see (1).   What can be done here?

(3) I found out that M-x R  starts R --no-readline , which I want to
avoid!  I want to browse the history in a (mini?) buffer to search and
select before execution, using C-up-arrow is cumbersome. I am lazy !

Thanks for help