[ESS] library(help=foo)

cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 27 05:54:43 CEST 2012

Sam Steingold <sds at gnu.org> writes:

>> * Richard M. Heiberger <ezu at grzcyr.rqh> [2012-08-24 22:37:30 -0400]:
>>
>> this will parallel ess-display-vignettes and open a set of links to the
>
> I have always been wondering what `vignettes' have to do with R...

Type 'v' and see!

If you have ESS installed and run R under emacs...

Start emacs, then

M-x R RET C-v C-v vignette RET v

then click on one or more of the links.

==========

>From Writing R Extensions, 1.4 Writing package vignettes

"... PDF documents with sources in Sweave format ... we call package vignettes."

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignette_%28literature%29

"a vignette is a short impressionistic scene that ...  a trenchant
 impression about a character, idea, setting, or object."

I like that. And some package vignettes do give trenchant impressions.

Chuck

--
Charles C. Berry                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
cberry at ucsd edu			    UC San Diego