[ESS] library(help=foo)

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Fri Aug 24 22:05:13 CEST 2012

> * Vitalie Spinu <fcvahivg at tznvy.pbz> [2012-08-24 21:32:58 +0200]:
>
>   >> Sam Steingold <sds at gnu.org>
>   >> on Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:48:10 -0400 wrote:
>
>   > cool, thanks.
>   > may I suggest renaming it to ess-display-library-index?
>   > I was looking using apropos for "ess.*library"...
>
> Sure, makes sense.

thanks!

>   > also, I suggest you bind it to something in the regular ess too.
>   > e.g., "C-c i" or "C-c l" or whatever.
>
> There are, and will be plenty, of new useful commands and binding them
> to some key is not feasible. C-c h should work for most of the
> cases. Also a group key for documentation related commands would be good
> (like slime's C-c C-d). Unfortunately C-c C-d is already bound in ESS.

C-c C-h is good and already used in cperl-mode for the same purpose.  in
fact, binding `ess-display-help-on-object' to "C-c C-h p" (in addition
to the current C-c C-v) would make me remember one less keybinding.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://pmw.org.il http://iris.org.il http://dhimmi.com