[ESS] Care to critique some Emacs-ess slides?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:27:08 CEST 2012

  >> Yihui Xie <xie at yihui.name>
  >> on Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:20:38 -0500 wrote:

  > I was about to say "BTW, AucTeX is still 10 miles away" in my last
  > email but decided not to say it since I knew I would be in big trouble
  > :) Well well, I'm just a person who does not want to see a screen full
  > of backslashes while writing a document. I appreciate the preview
  > package, and it does help a bit, but not as much as I expect.

Lyx, is good package, but I could never made it feel the Emacs
way, even after customizing all shortcuts. '

With xetex
(http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex)
you can directly input unicode chars into the latex source. The question
is how to quickly input unicode in emacs. I wrote this ac-completion
source (http://code.google.com/p/ac-math/) some time ago. It's still a
bit raw but already useful. Can this drop the difference from 10 to 3
miles?

   Vitalie