[ESS] show wd in mode-line?

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:27:07 CEST 2012

  >> What ESS can potentially do, is to reset on idle time the emacs's wd to
  >> that of R. I guess, this would be useful in general, and is pretty easy,
  >> as ESS has to synchronize some other stuff as well. So if there are no
  >> objections, I will implement that.

  SE> Have a look at `ess-dirs' bound to M-RET -- doing it in idle time could
  SE> work, but never bothered me enough.

Oh, right, I forgot about that. There are a bunch of similar functions
in ESS ess-change-directory, ess-dirs and ess-use-this-dir. I can sense
a confusing redundancy on the first glance.

  >> Kasper Daniel Hansen <kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com>
  >> on Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:49:34 -0400 wrote:

  KDH> Vitalie,
  KDH> You need to think about what happens when you run multiple R's with
  KDH> different working directories.  I do that frequently.

Correct, but you don't run two different processes in the same buffer,
do you? So, there is no conflict. Otherwise I am really curious how you
manage that :-).

        Vitalie.