[ESS] no color on functions that are R built in like "lm" or "mean"

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 00:16:24 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 6:07 AM, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I have been using personal tweaks to highlight functions for years. And
> I must definitely say that it's a nice thing, as it helps distinguish
> what is what.  As far as I know all other editors also highlight
> functions.
>
> So I have just incorporated my font-lock tweaks into trunk. Feel free to
> check it out.

Thanks! I will try it.

My spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

In the trunk I get from this:

svn checkout https://svn.r-project.org/ESS/trunk

I don't find anything you are referring to.

I find same thing I had found before,

ess-font-lock.el

and I've tested that, but it does not put color on functions like lm
or mean or whatnot.

Am I barking up the wrong trunk? (Please remember, we are never too
busy for a pun.)

PJ

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science    Assoc. Director