[ESS] Change in behavior of "Eval region" (C-c C-r) command

Werner Stuetzle wxs at u.washington.edu
Sun Sep 11 16:15:27 CEST 2011

When I use R I split my Emacs window into two panes, one showing my code,
the other on the *R* buffer. When I evaluate a long region using "Eval
region", I would like the *R* pane to scroll to the end of the *R* buffer,
rather than staying where it is.

I assume this will require a simple change to the definition of the "Eval
region" lisp function. Can somebody give me blow-by-blow instructions on
exactly what to do. I don't even know where the "Eval region" function is
defined?

Thanks, W

Werner Stuetzle                            wxs at u.washington.edu
Professor, Statistics                      www.stat.washington.edu/wxs
Adjunct Professor, CSE                     Phone:  (206) 616-8709
Divisional Dean, Natural Sciences          Fax:    (206) 543-5462
College of Arts and Sciences, Box 353765   Office: Communications 067
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3765