[ESS] Fwd: How does one start R within Emacs/ESS with root privileges?

Karl Brand k.brand at erasmusmc.nl
Fri Sep 9 18:12:55 CEST 2011

Paul^2, Steven, Brendan, Patrick,

Thank you for sharing your experience, suggestions and guidance. So now
the default set-up on my ubu box (the same as detailed by Paul) with 2+
libraries *does* make sense.

I see now the advantages to minimally run R as root as long as i'm the
only user of the machine. Which itself (avoiding root privs) is
preferable for the reasons you well highlighted.

@Steven,
I will need to look more closely at the configuration you outline and
how it differs (if at all) from my current, default set up.

@Brendan
It's also good to know how to run R as root from ESS if i should ever
want to.

@Patrick
Actually, touchtpying is still some thing i want to learn...

I look forward to your further patience helping me quickly become
productive with ESS.

Karl

--
Karl Brand <k.brand at erasmusmc.nl>