[ESS] Feature Idea: open help in browser when viewing it in an emacs buffer

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Oct 31 19:20:54 CET 2011

Vitalie Spinu wrote:
> So no light for dynamic html R help in emacs? R-help pages have very
> simple syntax, and
> this http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/ or even this
> http://www.gnu.org/s/w3/ might be quite enough.
>
> I've never tried any of them, but would imagine that putting
> ess-help.el functionality on top of them wouldn't be that much of
> elisp work.
>
> Vitalie.

Hi Vitalie:

I've tried both.  Unless performance has increased dramatically,
they are annoyingly slow.  But, perhaps that is offset by the
simple nature of the R help files.  My reflex action was to
cringe at the thought, but maybe I'm still traumatized by my
previous attempts :o)

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor