[ESS] Indentation of function arguments on new lines

Tim Hesterberg timhesterberg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 06:24:45 CET 2011

The current ESS indentation is:

my.very.very.long.variable.name <-
  MyVeryVeryLongAndDescriptiveFunctionName(
                                           my.first.argument.which.is.a.long.expression,
                                           my.second.argument.which.is.a.long.expression)

I would like this instead:

my.very.very.long.variable.name <-
  MyVeryVeryLongAndDescriptiveFunctionName(
      my.first.argument.which.is.a.long.expression,
      my.second.argument.which.is.a.long.expression)

Is there a way to get that?

I'm running ess-5.14.
I didn't see a variables to set for this, in the list of variables found by
doing describe-mode in a .R buffer.  I tried some of them.
I also tried
(ess-set-style 'OWN)
as well as the other options, and none of the options gave the desired behavior.

Thanks,
Tim Hesterberg