[ESS] r-autoyas update

Sven Hartenstein lists at svenhartenstein.de
Fri May 20 20:56:58 CEST 2011

Hi all,

there is an update of r-autoyas now at my website:
http://www.svenhartenstein.de/Software/R-autoyas

Matthew Fidler has continued to work on it and it has changed (I'd say
improved) quite a bit:
  - Now <tab> does even more: if you changed the highlighted argument,
    it will just jump to the next one, if you have not, it will delete
    it from the list (no other key needed for that) and then jump.
  - <tab> also expands function names.
  - Snippets are cached now.
  - Several configurable options, including line break within the
    argument list and intelligent removal of explicit assignments, the
    latter leading to
      write.table(d, "file-name.csv")
    rather than
      write.table(x=d, file="file-name.csv")
  - ...

As I wrote some weeks ago, my knowledge of lisp is far exceeded by
Matthew's code. As I very much like his version, I decided to only
make available his version, in order to not have multiple versions at
the same time. I will most probably not actively continue development
of r-autoyas.

I hope you like the new version. To those of you who have preferences
regarding the parenthesis: I do not know whether it is easy to make
"(" expand the snippet or to exclude the closing ")". Sorry. Maybe
someone else can check that and/or make it more configurable if
necessary?

Sven