[ESS] sas-mode redefining newline? how can I make it stop?

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Fri May 6 18:31:08 CEST 2011

If I type <return> after a line that starts with "data baz;", it puts the cursor
underneath "b" in baz.  I would prefer that it put the cursor at the front of
the line, as in plain old text mode.

This happens whether I run these from eval:  (setq ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle nil)
or (setq ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle 1)

Also, I have run "C-h c" to check my key binding, and <return> is definitely
bound to newline.

I guess I could create a new command using "beginning-of-line" and some other
things, and then rebind it to <return>, but that seems convoluted and bad....

Really, I only want syntax highlighting, NOTHING more...

Ideas?  Thanks!