[ESS] Easy argument list: r-autoyas

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:32:49 CET 2011

On 03/15/2011 07:09 PM, Vitalie Spinu wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug at gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> this sounds perfect - but it seems to break org-modes functionality of
>> editing a code block with C- '. Or is it only my setup?
>>

> I am not using org/babel thing. It might be the time to start. Is there any
> doc on how to use babel specifically with ESS/R?

Yes - see
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html and
particularly the RBabelExample in the Examples section.

And yes - it is never to late tio start using org-babel - very usefull
tool to write R code.

> In any case it should not interfere with r-autoyas, these are completely
> distinct functionalities.

Exactly - but it does, and it has already been reported on the org
mailing list, but no responses so far.

> What error do you get? At what point exactly? Is yas snippet active or not?
> What function is C- ' calling?

C-' is opening a temporary buffer to edit a source code block - as it
states in the manual:

"Use C-c ’ to edit the current code block. This brings up a language
major-mode edit buffer containing the body of the code block. Saving
this buffer will write the new contents back to the Org buffer.
Use C-c ’ again to exit."

So for R, this opens a buffer in ess mode.

> Will try to have a look during the weekend.

Great - and I would suggest to subscribe to the org mailing list - quite
busy sometimes, but extremely helpful resource.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Vitalie.

- --