[ESS] Easy argument list: r-autoyas

ottorino ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it
Tue Mar 15 12:21:47 CET 2011

Hi all again,
it seems that yas interferes with the call to help pages.
If I call from the R buffer
?read.table
In the buffer contained in the new help frame I get
(translated from an italian error message)

Error: can't find the function ".help.ESS"

The new frame is because in  my . emacs I have the following line

(setq ess-help-own-frame 'one)

Some other comments:
I'm currently working with the "(" which automatically open yassnippets

I find quite inconvenient that "(" always call yasnippets.
When I'm writing I'm used to press both [] or ()
With this yassnippets option inabled Emacs do not longer allows to write
a single "("

I would rather decide when to invoke yassnippete with C-M tab.
But if comment the lines which enable "(" for snippets, it seems that
the snippets are not working anymore.
They work if I call
M-x r-autoyas-expand
as suggested by Vitalie.

I also tried to change the line

(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (load "/home/ottorino/.emacs.d/plugins/r-autoyas.el")))
(define-key ess-mode-map (kbd "C-M-<tab>")
  '(lambda ()(interactive)
     (r-autoyas-expand nil nil)))

into

add-hook 'ess-mode-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (load "/home/ottorino/.emacs.d/plugins/r-autoyas.el")))
(define-key ess-mode-map (kbd "C-M-<tab>")
  '(lambda ()(interactive)
     (r-autoyas-expand nil t)))

as seen in the other lines

(define-key ess-mode-map (kbd "(") '(lambda () (interactive)
                                       (skeleton-pair-insert-maybe nil)
                                       (r-autoyas-expand nil t)))

but without success

Any idea ?