[ESS] ess eval invisibly only for large blocks

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Mar 14 17:59:23 CET 2011

On 03/14/11 11:26 AM, Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> Hi Kasper:
>
> I'd like to, but I can't get it to work on XEmacs. He appears to be
> using modes/methods that are only available on Emacs. Please correct
> me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, the +1 remains as a feature request for ESS.

Actually, now that I dig into it.  I can get it to load for XEmacs,
but I still see the + symbols, so I guess I need to read the docs.

To make it work for XEmacs, you need the following at the top:
;(require 'face-remap nil t) ;; desirable for scaling of the text in ...
;(require 'ido nil t) ;; desirable for debug/undebug at point function
(require 'cl) ;; a couple of useful functions
(require 'overlay)

(if (boundp 'overlay-arrow-variable-list) nil
   (defvar overlay-arrow-variable-list nil))

And, you need (if (featurep 'fringe) ) around calls to fringe-mode
features.

Rodney