[ESS] Emacs for former XEmacs users

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Jul 26 21:45:42 CEST 2011

Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> Ok, I've checked in a workaround for this as well.  I'm interested in
> reports from former XEmacs users who have turned to the dark side.
> Please let us know if these fixes help and/or whether there are issues
> with Emacs alone.
>
> Rodney

Ok, here's another one.  In XEmacs, you can re-define the toolbar
commands (which Emacs cleverly calls tool-bar).  However, there
does not appear anyway to do that in Emacs.  For example, in
XEmacs you can get pretty printing from the toolbar via...
(setq toolbar-print-function 'ps-print-buffer-with-faces)

The only thing that I can think of is...
(defalias 'print-buffer 'ps-print-buffer-with-faces)

But, that's at the user's .emacs level rather than the global
default.el level.  Any ideas how this can be accomplished?

Rodney