[ESS] Viewing data frames

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Mon Feb 28 14:34:23 CET 2011

I have to admit I wasn't sure about the difference with the function
Stephen presented... As an addition, I have this in my .emacs file:

(defun my-ess-post-run-hook ()
   (ess-execute-screen-options)
   (local-set-key "\C-c w" 'ess-execute-screen-options))
(add-hook 'ess-post-run-hook 'my-ess-post-run-hook)

which is supposed to run ess-execute-screen-options when I start a new
R. Note that this doesn't work if a .RData is loaded, which can be
problematic when working on several computers: here you have to use 'C-c
w' to do it by hand.

Mathieu.

Le 28/02/2011 04:19, Stephen Eglen a écrit :

>>      >>  I think that'd be quite helpful -- not for emacs to
>>      >>  resize R's width automagically (though some might like an
>>      >>  option for that), but to have a function that tells R to
>>      >>  set options(width=(window-width)) or some such that we
>>      >>  can bind to a key-combo.
>>
>> What's wrong with using
>>
>> (ess-execute-screen-options)
>>
>> which I have had bound to  "C-c w"  for ages ?
>
> hi Martin,
> Thanks for this -- there's nothing wrong with your defun, I simply
> didn't know about it!!!
>
> Could it be documented in the info nodes?
>
> Thanks, Stephen

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.