[ESS] list email address on web site doesn't work

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 19 21:08:20 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 22:36, Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Scott Otterson <scotto at sharpleaf.org> wrote:
>
>>     ess-help at r-project.org
>
> hi Scott, thanks for pointing out that this address doesn't work --
> we'll try to get this fixed soon, as it also didn't work for Rodney and
> me.
>
> Best wishes, Stephen

^^^^

as it says here, this *is* the address that should work, and will
eventually be the only address that works.
Some IT powers at ETH have decided to urge all users e-mail onto an
ETH central abomination M$ server,... and we have agreed that all
@r-project.org mailing lists would remain @r-project.org and addressed
that way (and that the @stat.math.ethz.ch *aliases* would continue to
work for a while ...).

So we have a messup somewhere in our e-mail configurations..
hence I'm BCCing this e-mail to someone who should fix the problem
hopefully by Monday at least...

Martin