[ESS] Combining sweave and pdflatex into one helper function

Frank Harrell f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Feb 14 05:33:31 CET 2011

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 22:29:07 -0600, Seb <spluque at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:18:46 +0000,
> Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Seb <spluque <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>> I haven't looked at this particular problem, but I suggested an
>>> alternative way of working to Dirk (off-list), which he liked (so
>>> we're 2 at least!), but that requires AUCTeX, so may not appeal to
>>> everyone.
>
>> In fact I liked it so much that I encouraged Seb to post it here, and
>> I am glad to see he now did. Given that this about ESS + Sweave (ie
>> LaTeX) I do not think it is a stretch to assume AUCTeX (ie LaTeX).
>
> I've just implemented this in SVN (4460).  All that should be required
> is:
>
> (setq ess-swv-plug-into-AUCTeX-p t)
>
> or toggle the menu option Noweb -> Sweaving, Tangling, ... -> AUCTeX
> Interface.  This variable defaults to nil.  Can you give it a try?
> Thanks.

Would someone mind summarizing the functionality of ESS+AUCTeX with noweb
Sweave files?  I'm familiar with AUCTeX with straight LaTeX files.

Thanks
Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr Professor and Chairman      School of Medicine
                    Department of Biostatistics Vanderbilt University