[ESS] need help locating an old thread

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Mon Feb 7 23:06:15 CET 2011

Dear list,

I have searched the archives and google, but can find
no mention of a certain thread I'm fairly sure I read
on ESS-help in the past.

I believe it involved someone who re-implemented the
inferior R process to use a different sort of mechanism
than comint, possibly streams (?).

I recall going to a link on their web site where there
were some screen shots of what kinds of things could
be done by using this different system.

I know the project was definitely 'alpha' status and
I haven't heard of it since then.  But I can find no
hits in the archive to what I'm thinking of.

I'm guessing this was in the last year or two for sure.

Does that ring any bells with anyone? Sorry for the
incomplete (at best...) description.

--Erik