[ESS] Swankr

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Sun Dec 11 17:04:10 CET 2011

Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Christophe: is there anything on the ESS side that could be done to make
> your life easier, without harming ESS users who still use comint?

I think at this point for my needs ESS's current state is basically fine
-- it's not in the way.  One or two things would make things a bit
smoother: for example I don't know whether my customizations of
defun-prompt-regexp and ess-R-mode-font-lock-keywords could be installed
by default?  I think they're generally applicable.

The ESS evaluation and SLIME evaluation keybindings collide in
non-trivial ways, of course, but there's nothing that we can do about
that.  But I think most of the ways in which swankr needs improving at
the moment involve dealing with the R side of things, rather than
anything on the emacs side.

Cheers,

Christophe