[ESS] Stata-se with ESS

Michael Hannon jm_hannon at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 22:53:03 CET 2011

I think the idea is to make a (symbolic) link between the real application and some place that's on your PATH.  It doesn't have to be /usr/local/bin -- that just happens to be on the path for most systems/people.

For instance, if I see that:

    /home/mike/bin

is on my path, I can do something like:

    cd /home/mike/bin
    ln -s /usr/local/stata12/stata-se ./stata

-- Mike