[ESS] Turning off SAS indentation... really....

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 00:23:37 CEST 2011

Is there a way to turn off ALL sas indentation in ESS -- really, I find it worse
than useless, and would rather just use indent-relative and newline-and-indent.
 But I LOVE the pretty colors for syntax highlighting, and would like to retain
those.

I know about (setq ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle 0/1), but I can't get it do anything
approaching my indentation style.

I am not trying to be negative -- I don't actually think there is a good way to
indent SAS (logical indenting requires logical syntax...), so trying to predict
it seems impossible and I admire whoever wrote all the elisp to try.