[ESS] Warning about Emacs/ESS administration and Windows 7 Weirdness

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 13 14:52:44 CEST 2010

hi Richard,
just for the record, I got ESS running on our windows server (that I
connect to from unix via 'rdesktop').  It involved me just doing:

  (add-to-list 'exec-path
	       "//winsam/netlogon/DAMTP Programs/exe/R/R-2.11.1/bin"))

Of course this means I need to update that file when R is updated.  (The
non-standard path makes this more complex.)

It didn't work if I just tried editing the value of
ess-rterm-version-paths, as I think the inferior R code needs to knwo
where to find the Rterm.

Stephen