[ESS] ESS with S+ 8.1 Linux: C-c C-V Infinitely Hangs

gerald.jean at dgag.ca gerald.jean at dgag.ca
Wed Sep 1 17:04:40 CEST 2010

Hello,

I use Splus daily through ESS, on a setting very similar to Jim, same
version, 8.1.1 on a Linux platform as well and I don't observe this
behaviour.  C-c C-v yields "Help on:" as mentionned by Jim but when I enter
a fonction name, or part of a name and use tab for completion, I do get the
requested function's help buffer and Emacs does'nt hang.  I do get what I
think is the normal behaviour!

Cheers,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Actuariat et Solutions d'assurances,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean at dgag.ca

"We believe in God, others must bring Data."

W. Edwards Deming