[ESS] UseR 2011 Tutorial on ESS?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Oct 18 17:55:38 CEST 2010

On 10/18/10 09:21 AM, Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> On 10/18/10 04:22 AM, Stephen Eglen wrote:
>>
>> - should it be assumed that users have prior experience to Emacs?
>
> I would not assume that.
>
> Rodney

Perhaps, I should elaborate.  On this list, we DO assume experience with
emacs.  However, in a Tutorial on ESS, you may attract users who have
little or no emacs experience.  Having made similar presentations myself
over the years, I have spent more time on emacs than ESS; and Tony's
outline is no different.  To get people to actually use ESS, you have to
get them over the hurdle of being very comfortable with emacs first.

Rodney