[ESS] R help for S4 not opening in help buffer

Vinh Nguyen vqnguyen at uci.edu
Tue Oct 5 17:19:05 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:24 AM, James W. MacDonald
<jmacdon at med.umich.edu> wrote:
> Try
>
> ?matrix-class
> ?show-methods

Thanks James.  This works for the matrix class.  However, suppose I
load the lme4 package.  Then "?show-methods" does not show me
documentation about the "mer" class show method.  I would have to use
method?show("mer") to get the right documentation (although this also
brings me to mer-class since it is aliased in the documentation).

I guess this way of getting documentation for S4 classes and methods
are not yet implemented in ESS.

Vinh