[ESS] ESS functionality missing from Emacs

Cameron Beeck cbeeck at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 4 05:01:29 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I am using a Linux machine and tried to run a chunk of code in emacs.ess to R
when it all froze.  I performed a kill of the process and force quit.  When i
ran emacs.ess to restart the process all the ess functionality was missing
from emacs... ie: toolbars and text highlighting.  I have uninstalled emacs
and reinssalled emac.ess installed gloably via yum install emacs.ess but still
cant get functionality back.  Does anyone have ideas of how to fix?

cheers
Cameron Beeck
University of Western Australia