[ESS] ESS on Mac slower than R.app?

Markus Triska markus.triska at gmx.at
Wed May 19 12:55:17 CEST 2010

Hi Rodney,

Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> writes:

> So, there must still be a bug somewhere, but this fix definitely
> helps. Checked in; will appear in ESS 5.9 RSN.

If you send me your exact test case, I will try to improve it further. I
also tested with a ~30 LOC source file and it returned instantaneously;
I tested with the X11 build (on OSX), not with the Cacao port which is
known to have elementary problems with process handling. I also noticed
that every other time I do ess-eval-buffer-and-go, point is misplaced in
the *R* buffer: Every second time, it is NOT at the end of the script.

Thank you and all the best,
Markus