[ESS] Emacs 23.2 released - Modified versions too

Vincent Goulet Vincent.Goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed May 12 16:49:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

I usually rely on Stephen Eglen to announce new versions of GNU Emacs to this list! ;-)

Well, this time I learned from other sources that version 23.2 came out on Saturday. See the official GNU Emacs site

	http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

for details.

Dutifully, I updated my modified distributions of GNU Emacs for Windows and OS X. Please see

	http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/emacs/

On OS X, the distribution is a 32-bit Intel binary that should work on 10.4 and above. I can now use the stable release of Emacs since it builds on Snow Leopard. From now on, I intend to follow the same policy I have been using for Windows "forever", that is to rely on stable releases of Emacs only.

If someone is willing to provide me with a PPC build of 23.2, I'd be interested to try to make available a Universal binary for OS X.

Hope this helps,

Vincent Goulet
École d'actuariat, Université Laval