[ESS] ESS usage poll

Sven Hartenstein lists at svenhartenstein.de
Wed Jun 9 21:40:41 CEST 2010

Hi ESS developers,

> 1. Which statistical package(s) do you use with ESS?
> (specify the version number)
>
> _version that comes with latest ubuntu_ R
> _____________ S-plus
> _____________ SAS
> _____________ Stata
> _____________ JAGS
> _____________ BUGS
> _____________ Other, specify ________________
>

> 2. Which version(s) of emacs do you use?
> (specify the version number)
>
> _version that comes with latest ubuntu_ GNU Emacs
> _____________ Aquamacs
> _____________ XEmacs
> _____________ SXEmacs
> _____________ Other, specify ________________
>

> 3. Which operating system(s) do you use?
> (specify the version number and/or variant)
>
> _latest ubuntu_ Linux
> _____________ Windows
> _____________ Mac OS X
> _____________ Solaris/OpenSolaris
> _____________ AIX
> _____________ HP-UX
> _____________ FreeBSD
>

> 4. If you could only request one feature, what would it be?

Mmh. I am sometimes annoyed by emacs' "popup" windows, e.g. after
expanding some string or when a R help buffer was opened. My request
would be a simple key binding that - whatever the current window
layout and active buffers are - gives me my two pane view with the
latest *.R file as the active buffer in the upper 3/4 of the frame and
the R process the other 1/4 of the frame.

Sven